When I am weak, then I am strong

~

We started out the day by going to church. I actually quite enjoy Japanese church but today I was frustrated because I couldn't understand what was being said. The lady beside me tried to explain things in her minimal English which helped but I was annoyed with myself that I couldn't sing the songs or understand the speakers. I felt helpless and disrespectful.

But when I am weak, then I am strong. 

This afternoon was HOT. 32 degrees Celsius plus humidity... that may not be hot to some of you but to me it felt suffocating. It drained my energy, it drained my strength, it drained my work ethic and it drained my joy. 

But when I am weak, then I am strong. 

Supper time rolled around and a Bible camp started today. There were 35 mouths to feed...with the majority being kids. I was exhausted, I was sticky and it was loud. Most of the language being spoken around me was Japanese, I was overwhelmed.

But when I am weak, then I am strong. 

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities.

For when I am weak, then I am strong. 


~2 Corinthians 12:9-10~ 



We started out the day by going to church. I feel blessed that I have the opportunity to worship with those around the world even if I don't speak the language. These services give me a love and passion for the Japanese church. There was a sweet lady beside me who with her minimal English showed me which page to turn to in my hymnal when we sang and told me which passage we were reading in the Bible. I loved being able to share in even just a small part of the service. God blessed me with this lady as an encouragement to my discouraged heart. 

This afternoon was hot. Hotter weather than I'm used to but very summery weather! By God's strength I was able to push through the weariness and still help accomplish what needed to be done. God blessed me with His strength in that moment when I wanted to collapse. When I come to the end of myself that's when God steps in.

Supper time rolled around and a Bible camp started today. What a blessing it is that there are 20 children here to be encouraged in their faith! There are also long-term missionaries here from a different part of Japan who also speak English. God blessed me with a wonderful conversation with them along with shaved ice as a fabulous way to cool off. 


Our perspectives can be so easily swayed by how we are feeling and when we try to do things on our own we will always end up feeling like failures. Only when we let God step in and work in and through us can we experience true joy and a more positive and heavenly perspective. His grace is sufficient for us. 

When we are weak, He is still strong. 



Comments

  1. Awesome sweetie. Appreciate your honesty and showing how we can change our 'stinkin' thinkin' when we trust Him for strength. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts